Inferno Systems, LLC.
- Top Secret/SCI
- Mid-Level Career (5+ yrs experience)
- No Traveling
- Full Scope Polygraph
- IT – Software
KUBERNETES ENGINEER: Full Performance Level
Location: Chantilly, VA US
Security Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Inferno Systems is looking for a Kubernetes (k8s) Engineer to build and operate offline, on–
premises Kubernetes clusters. We are looking for candidates who have experience building
out environments for application testing and development with a blend of network
infrastructure management. Candidates should have a minimum of 3+ years of experience
as a Kubernetes engineer. Candidates with fewer years of experience will be considered on
a case-by-case basis, depending on technical skill level.
You will be designing and building out a Kubernetes cluster in an offline, on-premises
environment used for application development and testing. You will need to be able to
automate the deployment and testing using Ansible or other similar orchestration software
like Salt or Puppet. You will be working closely with Penetration Testers to mimic scenarios
and testing procedures and tools while evaluating the security of the cluster. You will need
a strong background in working in a Linux (CentOS and/or Debian) environment, writing
scripts to automate tasks, and be able to thoroughly document your work and findings.
• 3-5 years building and operating Kubernetes clusters.
• Experience building offline, on-premises k8s clusters
• Strong understanding of containerization and virtualization
• Experience using orchestration software to automate tasks and deployments such as
Ansible, Salt or Puppet
• Be able to generate detailed documentation on design, setup, test, and deployment
procedures and outcomes.
• Experience using Git
• Strong customer service and technical writing skills
• Proficient in at least one scripting language such as Python, Perl, and/or Bash.
• Solid understanding of Linux logging, network traffic analysis, SPLUNK, network traffic
redirection (i.e. iptables).
• Understanding of Linux operating systems (e.g. CentOS / CentOS Stream, Fedora,
Debian, Ubuntu, etc.) and the ability to research the latest technological developments in
the relevant operating systems to identify impact and anticipate changes to the
organization's operating environment.
• Strong organizational skills
• Detail-oriented, a team player, and willing/eager to learn.
• Experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
• Experience operating in a virtual environment such as VMware vSphere / ESXi, or KVM
• Experience or understanding of ElasticSearch
• Familiarity with web proxies (iptables, mod_proxy, digital certificates, etc.), common web
servers (i.e. Apache, NGINX), SSL certificates, and DNS records.
• Experience monitoring network activity and network traffic redirection.
• Experience with installing, configuring, and maintaining physical server hardware
To apply for this job please visit www.clearancejobs.com.