Website Inferno Systems
WINDOWS SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR: Senior Level
Location: Chantilly, VA US
Security Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Inferno Systems is currently looking to hire individuals for our Windows System
Administrator position primarily serving as the lead Windows architect for a medium-size
high-side network. You will be working with a mixed team of Windows, Linux and network
engineers and administrators to design, implement and maintain a network supporting real-
time 24×7 operations worldwide. Candidates should have a minimum of 8+ years of
specific/related experience defined below.
Inferno Systems is searching for Windows System Administrators who will be responsible
for the effective provisioning, installation, configuration and operations of systems hardware
and software infrastructure for our customer. You should understand network architecture
concepts and apply those to the customer’s mission requirements to make authoritative
recommendations. You will design and implement a strategy for managed software via
SCCM. In this role you will work with an agile, fast-paced team focused on defending our
client’s global networks through threat hunting and tactical analysis of ongoing attacks. You
will have the opportunity to work on highly visible projects that directly impact our
customer’s mission. You must be a motivated, passionate leader with the ability to drive our
long-term strategic goals with daily tactical objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Architect, design and implement servers and systems in an Active Directory environment.
• Be able to automate tasks using a combination of scripting (Powershell) and configuration
• Troubleshoot and perform break-fix tasks on all systems as necessary, including servers,
appliances and systems.
• Innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve issues.
• Evaluate server load and work with technical leads to implement tuning recommendations.
• Support server maintenance and special projects.
• Perform operating system software updates/upgrades on both virtual and physical
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware,
server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and
verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers, both physical and virtual, and configure services,
settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project / operational
• Manage software installation and patches for various platforms.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Create, maintain and update documentation for standard operating procedures and
• Minimum of 8 years of experience as a Windows System Administrator in a professional
• Demonstrated experience in Systems Center Configuration Management (SCCM) 2012.
• Demonstrated experience installing, administering and configuring the latest versions of
Windows Server and Windows 10.
• Demonstrated experience using PowerShell for system administration, automation and
• Experience implementing security standards in a fast-paced operational environment.
• Ability to work independently or under only general supervision.
• Strong customer service and technical writing skills.
• Experience troubleshooting computer and network issues, developing or improving
configuration management processes and procedures, and implementing these processes
• Ability to work with system owners and developers to engage in joint project planning,
execution and documentation.
• Strong understanding of network fundamentals and limited basic understanding of Linux.
• Ability to work creatively and analytically in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with sponsor enterprise/mission network operations and policies.
• Experience managing and configuring virtual environments such as ESXi.
• Expert knowledge in Microsoft Infrastructure technologies.
• Experience with Splunk in a production environment writing queries to investigate security
incidents or performance issues.
• Experience with McAfee ePO technologies.
• Demonstrated experience working with Tanium in a production environment.
• Experience with NetApp hardware.
• Experience with IC systems accreditation DCID 6/3 and ICD 503 standards.
To apply for this job please visit www.clearancejobs.com.