Website Inferno Systems
NETWORK SECURITY ANALYST: TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
Inferno Systems• Chantilly, VA 20151
View Company's Profile
Senior Level Career (7+ yrs experience)
Full Scope Polygraph
IT – Security
NETWORK SECURITY ANALYST: Senior Level
Location: Chantilly, VA US
Security Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Inferno Systems is searching for Network Security Analysts to work on our blue team to
identify and target adversary activities against our customer’s operational infrastructure.
You will work as a threat hunter to identify and disrupt attempts by APT actors to attack and
compromise operational infrastructure, analyze large amounts of network data and make
recommendations based on your analysis. This unique opportunity allows you to experience
both sides of CNE activity, expand both your offensive and defensive skills and help you
think like the attacker to improve operational success. You must like solving complex
challenges, developing threat detection processes based on analytic findings and
researching the latest cyber security solutions in a rapidly changing environment.
The blue team Network Security Analysts are responsible for identifying network intrusions
using commercial IDS and host-based logs, network traffic flows and other unique data
sets. They inform Network Security Engineers of possible intrusions, identify areas to
harden network defenses and inform network defenders from different groups of their
results. They can also assist the red team Penetration Testers to better hone their
operational security, evade detection and find new ways to penetrate and pivot through
• Understanding of intrusion sets TTPs and the ability to apply knowledge to future analysis.
• Strong understanding of computer networks, protocols and technologies, particularly at
layers 3 and 4
• Experience in structured data analysis or other data analysis methodologies
• Experience in ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) and/or data engineering and ingestion
• Experience writing code to automate analysis of large data sets
• Proficient in data exploitation and data analysis, including PCAP and netflow
• Proficient in analyzing log files from web hosting services and other technical
• Experience using scripting languages for automation, parsing data sets, and data
visualization/analytics (e.g. python, perl, etc.) and/or willingness to learn.
• Able to assimilate and evaluate large amounts of data from multiple sources, operations,
and demonstrated success converting findings into actions.
• Proven ability to communicate technical requirements to development teams and
represent stakeholder equities through ongoing relationships.
• Knowledge of IT defensive best practices.
• Ability to pay attention to details, ensuring accuracy in documentation and data.
• Knowledge of stand-alone automated configuration management systems (e.g.: Chef
Solo, Ansible, Kickstart).
• Experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, SOLR, elastic search and/or Cloudera.
• Ability to perform security analysis of large network devices and systems.
• Familiarity with methodologies to include understanding of web application protocols/flaws,
redirection of network traffic, web browser vulnerabilities techniques.
• Ability to articulate technical information to non-technical audiences.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to think strategically.
• Ability to express complex ideas and insights verbally and in writing to a variety of
To apply for this job please visit www.clearancejobs.com.