Website Inferno Systems
NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER: TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
Inferno Systems• Chantilly, VA 20151
Senior Level Career (7+ yrs experience)
Full Scope Polygraph
IT – Security
NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER: Expert Level
Location: McLean, VA US
Security Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
If you are looking for a position that is different from your normal network / cyber security
position, please keep reading. We are looking for Network Security Engineers who are
familiar with both network defense and offensive techniques to support ongoing operations
and secure our customers’ networks. You will be assisting Penetration Testers with
analysis of edge network devices to include vulnerability analysis and exploitation. We are
looking for Network Security Engineers with a blend of network infrastructure management
and familiarity with network penetration testing and offensive security. Candidates should
have a minimum of 7+ years of experience as a Network Engineer, System Engineer or in
the Cyber Security field as a hands-on penetration tester. Candidates with fewer years of
experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending on technical skill level.
We are looking for Network Security Engineers to work on covert and secure networks.
Prior penetration testing experience is not required but is a plus. This is a great position to
transition from more traditional network engineering and network defense into the
penetration testing field. This position will allow you to expand both your offensive and
defensive networks security skills by using tools like Shodan, Maltego and various tools in
the Kali Linux environment. Applicants for this position should have a solid understanding
of network engineering with some exposure to bash and/or Python scripting.
• Proficiency working in a Linux environment (CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Solaris, Kali).
• Experience configuring small business or home network (SOHO) devices (e.g., wifi
routers, switches, etc.).
• Comfortable working in a command-line environment (SSH, bash, telnet, etc.)
• Experience monitoring network activity, to include performing network packet inspection,
traffic analysis, performance characterization (e.g., Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.).
• Understanding of information security practices.
• Experience using virtual infrastructure (e.g., vSphere).
• Experience in a cyber-security role such as network defense, penetration testing and
• Experience in either the design, implementation, procurement, tradecraft or maintenance
of various layers within covert network infrastructure.
• Proven ability to design and develop integrated network solutions using Linux and
traditional appliance network devices.
• Scripting including Python, Bash and Perl and frameworks like Ansible.
• Understanding of Linux network security tools (e.g., Metasploit, Netcat, Nmap, iptables,
BurpSuite, IDS, SELinux, etc.).
• Experience monitoring threats via a SIEM console such as Solarwinds, Cisco Network
Analysis Module (LogRhythm/Splunk preferred).
• Experience performing analysis of log files from a variety of sources, to include individual
host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs and IPS logs.
• Well-versed in leveraging and securing cloud platforms.
• Demonstrated knowledge of information security discipline via industry certification such
as: OSCP, CCSP, CISSP, SSCP, GIAC (Security Track).
• Experience conducting incident response to include: research and identification of attack
vector, malware mitigation and removal and documentation of event.
• Motivated self-starter with an analytical focus, problem solving skills, time management
skills and a passion for computer, network, or cyber security.
• Actively seeks to enhance the group through knowledge sharing.
To apply for this job please visit www.clearancejobs.com.